UMVC3 She-Hulk: Tutorial combos and Setups!
Tron/Haggar/SheHulk Incoming Guard Break TOD Setup
1.09M damage with 1 bar (Emerald Cannon, 1 hit)
1.45M damage with 2 bars (Emerald Cannon DHC King Kobun)
Options depending on opponent and available meter:
- Meaty QCF+H, opponent gets hit: full combo TOD on hit.
- Meaty QCF+H, opponent blocks, does not pushblock, only 2 meters available: Cancel into King Kobun, DHC into Body Press, fuzzy guard setup with Haggar, opponent is locked in blockstun in the corner by the King Kobun.
- Meaty QCF+H, opponent blocks AND pushblocks, 3 meters available (guard break): Cancel into King Kobun, DHC into Body Press, DHC into Taking Out the Trash
- Notation: // c.H XF1 j.MH(S+A1) s.H 4HS sj.MMHS A2~j.2H s.S sj.HS Torpedo xx Emerald Cannon
- Meaty QCF+H, opponent blocks, does NOT pushblock, 4 meters available: Cancel into King Kobun, DHC into Haggar Level 3, full combo TOD.
- Meaty QCF+H, opponent blocks, does NOT pushblock, 5 meters and swag available: Cancel into King Kobun, DHC Body Press, DHC Sunday Driver, full combo TOD.
Shehulk and Haggar doing their best Zero/Vergil impression.
on incoming setups [proof of concept]
Tron: Meaty QCF+H (beacon bomb). If they try to air dash/press buttons, you get a free combo. If they block, they’re forced to land in the corner, and you can go for a c.M low, airthrow, whatever. If they pushblock, and I have meter, I cancel to King Kobun, DHC over to SheHulk’s antiair super, and at that point it’s pretty much inescapable. Meter-intensive variations include meaty QCF+H xx King Kobun, on block DHC to Haggar Body Press and get a Hoodlum M command throw as soon as the King Kobun finishes. If they don’t pushblock and I have 4 bars I can make the QCF+H pin them to the ground, and before the King Kobun comes out, DHC into Haggar’s level 3 for a full combo. Another decent mixup is dash into the corner -> s.H, depending on when you do it, the character lands on her swinging fists crossup or not, if they don’t pushblock you can cancel into HCB+H command throw for a free combo. If they don’t block, you get a double relaunch combo. Dash to crossunder c.L is decent because it doesn’t look like Tron can actually do that, and f.M gustaf fire has good anti-air properties as well.
Haggar: Learn to time f+H two ways: one to be used as an ambiguous kara for crossunder QCF+L or yomi Hoodlum H antiairs on double jumpers/airdashers, and the other to hit meaty and force opponents into blocking. Confirm off ambiguous dp+L with s.LMxxdp+L -> whatever, cancel blocked f+H into dp+L for frame advantage and go for mixups, or if you have bar, level 3 as soon as they land. Dashunder meaty lariat on their incoming if you have xfactor is another option.
She-Hulk: Chariot -> ambiguous clothesline on characters without double jump/airdash, 22S -> back + L meaty on aerially mobile characters’ incoming to force blockstun or confirm off the groundbounce. If they block and pushblock, you get a free dp anti air super.
Haggar BNB, using superjump canceled DP+L xx Body Press to allow DHC into King Kobun x2 in the corner. 1.4mil damage starting from 1 bar
Optimized Tron BNB off cL, plenty of reset potential, harder to confirm
Jenny BNB to Full DHC
Demonstrates timing necessary to connect supers that normally wouldn’t connect (rapid fire fist, lunch rush) after 3 236S followups in Emerald Cannon. Must DHC at “flash” before comic book text appears.
Jenny BNB Abridged DHC (easier to link, safer, less damage)